iOverlander is a volunteer run, nonprofit project. Please consider a small donation to help cover our expenses. Learn more.
• Must pre-book (see website link)
• High ground clearance vehicles advised
• Non-demarcated campsites (some flat, some shady, some with views)
• Communal ablution facilities (most have hot-water showers - ablutions facilities are scattered around the campsite)
• Take your rubbish with you (no disposal at the camp)
• Power point and freezer available for use at the camp shop
• Bring your own braai grid for allocated braai pits
• Camp shop sells wood, beer, wine, ice, snacks, meat and cold drinks
Price: R75pppn + R30/vehicle
Why? By checking in after you’ve visited a place you let others know this place is still functional. You can also add or correct any information.
As previously mentioned. Must pre-book. Price: R75pppn + R30/vehicle (once off).
Beautiful sunsets, great hiking (loads of natural pools & waterfalls).Report Check-In
High ground vehicles advised when visiting the non-demarcated campsitesReport Check-In
Strictly noise-free, well controlled, which is why you need to register and book beforehand, not acceptable to arrive, you will be turned away. Long time favourite with hikers and nature lovers, mountain biking, walks, natural swimming pools in the streams. Highly recommended, can get full in season and on weekendsReport Check-In
An old favorite and we keep going back. Nice place to take your dog with you.Report Check-In
Remote shaded and sandy campsite with clean toilets and right next to a beautiful river you can swim in. You must book aheadReport Check-In