Quick easy border crossing. No fuss either end for us heading from Botswana to Namibia. On the Namibian side road tax to pay with Rand, Nam dollars or visa (371ND Oct 2021). Visa sometimes does not work, so have 371 Nam dollars or Rand ready. They were not nice about it nor helpful and wanted to make money on us for changing US to NAM dollars one-on-one
Why? By checking in after you’ve visited a place you let others know this place is still functional. You can also add or correct any information.
Botswana to Namibia :
- Immigration, fill up the form and get your passport stamped
- Custom, stamp your CPD or ask for a TIP if you don’t have one (3 months, free of charge)
- RFA, pay the road tax for Namibia
All in the same building, easy process :)Report Check-In
Namibia to Botswana: very quick and easy, took me 15'. Filled the exit form, immigration stamped passport, police cancelled my road tax with a stamp (you keep it) and customs stamped my carnet out.Report Check-In
No power at the Namibian side and they were quite rude. Couldn’t pay by card and had to ask people for cash, as we were told it is smooth and modern, but we felt the guys were just trying to make money of us charging x4 for U$. Luckily a lovely lady helped us. Maybe stupid of us to rely on the card machine, but it felt a bit like a trick to get lots of money from us.Report Check-In
From Namibia to Botswana :
very easy process, just filled up the form for exit and stamped our passport : 30 seconds !!!
Warning! At RFA Namibia side they said the card machine is not working now. They asked me to pay in Rand or Namibian dollars. I only had Bots pula or card or USD. They accepted Pula but for a bad rate 337N$=337Bots pula! I paid 337 pula and they give me back in Namibia dollars for the same 1:1 shirty rate. All in all just lost 7$ not a big problem but not nice behavior!Report Check-In
BW to NAM, RSA registered vehicle:
- Park car at first stop sign and do health screening and collect immigration form which is stamped on reverse for completion of health check.
- Drive to left of building, park car under shade cover and proceed to immigration building.
- Passport stamped into Namibia.
- Counter on left pay road tax etc as N$337 or amount on notice depending on vehicle type. Card payment accepted.
- Drive with vehicle receipt to gate, get out of car and sign book with VIN, engine and passport numbers of driver. Security checks receipt.
easy and simple. 337 ND for motorcars payable with credit cardReport Check-In
it's very fast border post it took us only 10min to clear everythingReport Check-In
Although our Iveco Camper is registered 3.08 t, they let us pay 644 N$ for type 3. All arguments, that it is no goods vehicle, were not helpful. Payment is possible in cash (N$, Pula, Rand) or with credit card.Report Check-In
Easy, chilled border - beautiful Baobab trees and a view over the river where you can see herds of animals such as Zebra, Springbok and lots of birds.Report Check-In
from the 1st May 2019 prices went up.
now 308 NAD for vehicles (3,5t).
payment by visa possible
Vehicle entry fees :
- type 1: motos & caravans: 188 N$
- type 2: vehicles < 3,5Tons : 295 N$
- type 3: goods vehicles >3,5 T and < 7 T : 617 N$
Althrough our vehicle is registered <3,5T on the CPD and clearly a non commercial vehicle, the supervisor made us paid the type 3 fee. We protested vigorously, but they kept claiming that our vehicle is "visualy" too big to deserve the type 2 fee despite the fact that the vehicle entry fee official paper is paste on the glass.
Quick and simple border post. Not crowded at all, and they knew how to handle a carnet de passage.Report Check-In
Exiting Namibia. Very easy. Took us 20 minutes. You have to fill in a form with you details.
Nothing to pay.
Filled in form, had ebola screening and all good. Done in 15 minutes.Report Check-In